• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tcon-17 comparative image (1 Viewer)

bigbadja

G'day Olympic C7** series owners.

I posted a comparative image [stitched] showing the same image with and without the TCON-17 on my beloved C700 digital camera.

The image is in my bigbadja Member gallery.

Sorry it is without birds but the weather has been wild and wet of late....but the rain is great.

Robert

That was a good test shot, particularly since it was a white subject and the CA could have been prominent. Thanks for posting it, good comparison.

Thanks for the images, Robert. I think we will definitely get the Tcon17 & necessary adapter.

I've just ordered one too. Your results look very decent especially consdering the white subject. As Brian says though CA still is a concern. It tends to be more pronounced when it's a dark subject against a bright background, particulaly in sunny conditions. I doubt it will be any worse than the B300 though. My B300 is showing it's age through knocks and over zealous cleaning. I can't complain as it's done me very well. This time round I'll be getting a filter from the outset.

Hi Brian,

Yes, just something to protect the front element of the lens. I should think it will have to be a push on type unless I glue one into place. On my B300 the plastic lens cover used to drop off frequently in the camera bag which led to marks on the front lens.

Ian,

Yes, the front cover leaves a lot to be desired for staying in place on the B-300. Let me know what clever thing you devise.

bigbadja said:
G'day Olympic C7** series owners.

I posted a comparative image [stitched] showing the same image with and without the TCON-17 on my beloved C700 digital camera.

The image is in my bigbadja Member gallery.

Sorry it is without birds but the weather has been wild and wet of late....but the rain is great.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Your pictures convinced me, so I have bought a TCON-17 to stick on my C-740 and am most impressed with the results. Only problem is that I now have to lug the camera, tripod and great big lens with me when I head out into the bush...

Thanks - Mike.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back