• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

twearth? (1 Viewer)

dnsallen

Can anyone enlighten me about twearth.com? It seems to be partly a bird ID site based around twitter, but I haven't found any contact info or details on google etc about who is behind it. They seem to use people's photos without proper credit...

Never heard of it before you mentioned it, but it looks like photos are taken from Wikipedia and other similar resources; videos from YouTube. From the quick look I had they're not claiming ownership of the photos or videos, but there's nothing stopping them from using information on these websites. It appears that this website is a "mash-up" bringing info from different websites into one place.

There's an e-mail address here that may help: http://whois.domaintools.com/twearth.com

OK thanks. It looks like it may be associated with [email protected]
I have noticed that that they have some pictures up on there of mine, eg Sulu Hornbill, that they have marked as copyright of the sites they took them from eg ibc.lynxeds.com and also animalpicturesarchive.com In fact this latter site is simply linking the photo through from orientalbirdimages.org

If you are a bird photographer and look through the site, you'll see it is not just an issue of my photos and ibc. I have contacted the site owner but did not get a satisfactory reply. I'll post an update in due course.

If you've got a Twitter account, you could always tweet them - that'll be public and maybe they'll think of responding then.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back