• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7D and Samsung Tablet (1 Viewer)

tringbirds

I take many photos whilst birding and some times it is better to see the photos on a larger screen in the field,rather than rely on camera LCD. I bought a Galaxy Tab2 to carry around and upload photos for perusal. I cannot upload CF card onto tablet. I have a connector to hold CF card but despite seeing the usb it is not downloading. Anyone got any ideas please.
cheers

otg cable

You need an OTG cable from Amazon

Thank you.
I have otg cable. When I connect it all together the camera is recognised. However only one image is downloaded before I get error message on camera, stating that I should turn the camera off and on again.
I also have cf adaptor with usb. Again it is recognised, recognises the number of images, but no image is displayed other than a blank/empty grey square.
I have tried different cf cards;same result.
I am now thinking of a cf/sd adaptor for the camera.
The OTG works as I have attached memory stick and the images are instantly displayed. If you have any more information ,it would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
I have otg cable. When I connect it all together the camera is recognised. However only one image is downloaded before I get error message on camera, stating that I should turn the camera off and on again.
I also have cf adaptor with usb. Again it is recognised, recognises the number of images, but no image is displayed other than a blank/empty grey square.
I have tried different cf cards;same result.
I am now thinking of a cf/sd adaptor for the camera.
The OTG works as I have attached memory stick and the images are instantly displayed. If you have any more information ,it would be most appreciated.

SOLVED!
Using the OTG cable together with origional cable from 7d PLUS a formatted card, download went like grease lightning!
It may have been remiss of me not format a card before as I have sometimes lost files which have been recovered using recovery programme. Incorrect thinking!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back