• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brown Eared Pheasants at Xuan Zhong Monastery - China (1 Viewer)

In the name of holy lake, construction in that part of the world? Tourist crowd in that temple?

No where is safe from the tourist hordes...one year you can have somewhere to yourself and the next it's on the must-see list for Chinese tourists. Bet if Chlid is back in a couple of years his last few days would be shared with a few thousand 'friends'

Good and very useful report, thanks,Kevin. I visit there Oct 3th. see fewer birds, there have some construction there. And it is too dry and noisy. I saw the first BEP on 6:25am, and then 2 group 7 BEP. see one on 14:10. about 500+ tourist visit there that day....Kai

Pleased that it helped and you scored the BEP Kai :t:

500+ tourists, wow ! No more than 20 max at any one time whilst I was there.

Wasn't this part of the "Golden Week" holiday - or was that all before the first? I guess any temple may have some "big" days due to the religious calendar as well?

Religious calendar? Next to no such thing in all but neighbouring provinces to HK, everything else government holidays people make use of to do things. Nothing religious about it.

Religious calendar? Next to no such thing in all but neighbouring provinces to HK, everything else government holidays people make use of to do things. Nothing religious about it.

Is it a Buddhist temple? Doesn't the temple (and adherents) have particular celebrations for special days? (Or is it a daoist temple?) Of course "golden week" (Oct. 1st holiday) is not at all religious - sorry I didn't separate those ideas more clearly.

Is it a Buddhist temple? Doesn't the temple (and adherents) have particular celebrations for special days? (Or is it a daoist temple?) Of course "golden week" (Oct. 1st holiday) is not at all religious - sorry I didn't separate those ideas more clearly.

I think the reason is it is the golden week... the monks there told me just few days ago there are not more more than 15+ person visit the temple per day.
BTW:It is interesting Xuanzhong Temple is improtant to Buddhism in Japan...Pure Land patriarch.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back