• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Findhorn or strathconan??? (1 Viewer)

Alfredx9

Hi, I am going up to Aviemore for 4 days at the end of July with my dad and my son, we always visit one of the two valleys to try and spot Golden eagles, hen harriers etc. which is most likely to deliver this year?? Ps I know pot luck plays a massive part!!!

Hi, I am going up to Aviemore for 4 days at the end of July with my dad and my son, we always visit one of the two valleys to try and spot Golden eagles, hen harriers etc. which is most likely to deliver this year?? Ps I know pot luck plays a massive part!!!

Findhorn has been delivering the goods with several goldies and a white-tailed eagle showing regularly

Gordon

The good thing Alf is that you can't make a wrong choice. A day in either, with or without, raptors is a good day.

Hope you have a great time.

Rich

I was in the Findhorn Valley on Sunday just gone and had good views of 3 Golden Eagles, 9 Buzzard, 2 Peregrine, Ring Ouzel and a probable distant Merlin so I'd recommend a trip here and highly recommend Gordon's book too as it really delivers the goods. As for finding the Eagles seems best to drive to the car park 11 miles down and park then scan back over the ridges behind to your right as you look back down the valley that seems to be where the birds are showing more.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back