• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler call ID. Common Chiffchaff or Mountain Chiffchaff? Tehran, Iran (1 Viewer)

ehsan

Ehsan Talebi
Iran
hi
recorded this audio today in downtown Tehran(very noisy!). the quality is not good but in the secound half of the audio i think the warbler call is identifiable.
i think it's a mountain chiffchaff but i'm not sure.
thanks

Attachments

• Output_Merge.mp3
    791.3 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN0961.jpg
    DSCN0961.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN0959.jpg
    DSCN0959.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 116
I've no experience with Mountain Chiffchaff, but what I hear on your recording doesn't sound like Common!

Last edited:
ehsan Hi,

Check out Xenno Canto...XC 193395, the call ''se-u'' sounds a perfect match to my ear for P.lorenzii (Caucasian Mountain Chiff Chaff).

Cheers

Call-wise I would rather expect a tristis Chiffchaff than a Mountain Chiffchaff.
I don't know what's going on in eastern Chiffchaffs though?

from the two pics. are clearly show a Siberian CC, the second pic. is an artifact as most likley a shallow light expouser of sunset photogrpahy.

Omar

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back