• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex... Diamondback or Crossfire (1 Viewer)

else918

Hi Guys

Well think ive decided on getting Vortex but which ones. (But do like Nikon monarchs tho)

Either be the Diamondback 9x36 or Crossfire 8x42/10x42

Anybody used the above or can give me an advice on them.

Thanks
Danny

Agree with Tero. I have the 8 x 42 Diamondback. A fine solid binocular with a wide field of view. Worth it's cost. I also have the 9 x 36. Good binocular with a wide FOV for a 9x but it's not as bright as the 8 x 42 and the area of sharp focus in the middle of the binocular is larger in the 8x. The Crossfire has a very narrow field of view, 315' at 1000 yards. The 9 x 36 Diamondback's FOV is 365' at 1000 yards which is a significant difference, and the 8 x 42 Diamondback has a 420' FOV at 1000 yards. If you do the math you will see that at 100 feet your field of view with the 8 x 42 Diamondback will be about 4 feet wider than with the Crossfire.
Bob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back