• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray Binoculars Giveaways. Ultimate Prize: two pairs of PRIME HD binoculars (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"France and Germany warned Iran this week not to pursue
their nuclear research program. In fact, France and Germany
warned Iran that if they didn't stop their program they
would, you know, warn them again." --Jay Leno

-----------------
Why inland fisheries managers don't like Cormorants!
When it was swallowed and the bird managed to get out of the water, the tail of the pike was still all the way up the neck of the Cormorant just short of the bill.
Pretty impressive! Makes you wonder what happens to the bones?

Attachments

• tn_Cormorant and Pike.jpg
    tn_Cormorant and Pike.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I wish the wind would die down,
it spoiled the birding and my cycle,
caused me to pedal with a frown,
I swear the weather takes the Michael.

Yesterday's birds included a pair of avocet, a pair of pink feet and five birds of prey species. Calmer weather would have been appreciated but at least it didn't rain.

Alan,That is a great photo of the Cormorant and pike! Thanks for posting it here. I wonder how it breathes after that pike is located part way down the neck?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back