• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

long tailed tit nests - found any? (1 Viewer)

Hello all,

Just a quick post to ask for a bit of birding help!

I'm a PhD student, studing long-tailed tits, particularly a northern european population in Estonia. However, as part of my project I am trying to collect data of these delightful little birds across their species range, and this is where you lot could help!

I would like it if you could send me information about any and every long-tailed tit nest that you have ever found - they are around at the moment, so feel free to hunt them down and send me the details! It doesnt matter if you found the nest this year, last year or 20 years ago, the information is all very valuable. I want data from across their range, so dont worry whether you found the nest in the UK or in Japan! This is the second year that this data collation is running, and I had a really good response from the public last year so I'd like to keep that up!

If you do find a nest, then you can fill out an online survey at http://www.shef.ac.uk/aps/bird-survey3.html or alternatively, email me at [email protected] and I can send you a word file which you can use if thats more to your preference!

Thanks very much for you help and patience - any more infomation you would like to know about the project, then feel free to message me or email!

Cheers,

Beth Woodward

Hi Beth!

Would you kindly tell us, that
how many nests have you got until now? And which countries?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back