• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Second Osprey chick spotted in Lake District nest - 11th June (1 Viewer)

Great news, Chris.
I like to check the webcam from time to time to see what's happening, as I can't be there. My parents live about 25 miles from Bassenthwaite, and we were visiting 3 years ago when they first opened the viewing Centre in Dodd Wood. It was during the foot & mouth epidemic, when we couldn't get to some of our favourite birding spots, so it made a wonderful day out.

Having just checked the webcam homepage this morning, its saying "Two chicks hatched during the week of 9th June but by the following week only one chick was to be seen being fed in the nest."

Chris

Only a few minutes before reading your thread I was on the Lake District website and the statement is that one of the two chicks is presumed to be dead.

chris
heard yesterday 18th sadly one chick has died. if one can make
it great, fingers crossed bert.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back