• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

dorset birding (1 Viewer)

foxydave

thinking of going to dorset or new forrest in september hope to do some bird photogaphy any suggestion of best location.cheers dave

Hello Dave
Ashamed to say I have only been to Dorset once but the well known "honey pots" are worth visiting, such as:
Portland
Radipole Lake
Studland NNR (Dartford Warbler if they survived the cold December)
Brownsea Island
Arne RSPB reserve
I very much recommend "Where to watch birds" Dorset, Hampshire & the Isle of Wight" by Green & Cade.
When I went in late August it was also good for butterflies around Corfe Castle and Lulworth Cove.
Hope this helps

bird photography.

thinking of going to dorset or new forrest in september hope to do some bird photogaphy any suggestion of best location.cheers dave

Hi.dave,good place for bird photography is a place called Blashford Lakes. Ringwood to Fordingbridge Road.Approx 2 miles from Ringwood.Old disused quarry workings,lots of lakes,hides,trails,woodland,good place for wildlife photography.Reception area,wc,no refreshments,i take packed.lunch.Hope this helps, regards, Kelvin.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back