• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Coolpix 4300 questions (1 Viewer)

Steve Gross

We just got my dad (not a birder) a 4300 for Xmas. He has asked me to try and find the answers to a few questions:

1. What is the focal length equivalent in (35mm terms) of the 4300 with the optional teleconverter?

2. How water-resistant is the camera (he is a boater and would like to know how many pairs of kid gloves to wear when using the camera on the boat)?

Also, as a bonus question, are there any specific recommendations any of you would have that might increase the functionality of the computer? I ask this as a deliberately open question, in case there are uses/features/capabilities that you all have noticed about the camera.

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to lend.

Steve in Houston

Hi Steve,

Im in the process of getting info together on the coolpix 4500, and have just been on the Nikon website. You may want to have a look yourself, it holds some pretty useful information on the model you asked about.

For example,It says that the 3x Zoom Nikkor lens on the CP4300 is equivalent to 38-114mm on a 35mm format camera.

Heres the link for Nikon UK.....You may want the USA page:

http://www.nikon.co.uk/

Hope you find what you need,

tracker

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back