• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox 15x56 bl MIG (1 Viewer)

Based on your glowing review I bit the bullet today on a pair of these for an upcoming antelope hunt here in Oregon.

One question though.....did they come with a tripod adapter. If not which one did you purchase?

This is my first foray into "big eye" binoculars used in a traditional spotting scope manner.

These Minox seemed to be an excellent blend of performance/cost.

Taking them on a pre-scouting trip the second week of July and will report back on my views.

To answer the question.....yes, mine came with the tripod adapter. Will give them some field time at the end of the week in the Steens.

I did have the chance last week to run these through some paces on a pre-scouting trip to the Steens Mountains in SE Oregon. Mounted up to my tripod it did somewhat feel like I was "cheating" when running through the landscape compared to experience in the past with spotters working a hillside. Much more relaxing on my eyes, excellent clarity and light transmission. Colors appeared natural to me also.

Have not tried them with a harness yet and really don't intend to. Unless you have incredible steadiness holding them freehand would be tough for any extended periods of time.

Feel well built as well and so far seem like the previous reviews were correct in the performance/value area. We will see how they hold up, but my initial response to this product is positive and I would recommend them to my friends.

Thought I would bring these back up.

I'm still really impressed with this binocular.

They have seen rigorous use and abuse and are as good as the day I received them.

Over the weekend high up in the coast range I couldn't use a scope because of unseasonably warm weather in our neck
of the woods.

The use of this binocular mounted along with my 8x32 sv was all I needed.

It also made it clear to me for my use these 15's are all I need, if I need more and the atmosphere and air currents
are in check then I will break out the scope.

Bryce...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back