• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eastern South Africa RFI (1 Viewer)

paul5000paul

Hello all,

I plan to visit SA in late Dec for 2 wks to mop up a few things I have missed in the past and wondered about best sites for or access to the following locations. I fly to Jo'burg:

Short-toed Rock-Thrush in Gauteng
Mountain Pipit at Matatiele
Cliff swallow/Pale cr Cisticola/Wing-snap Cist/Grass Owl/Easter Clapper Lark at Wakkerstroom
Blue Swallow anywhere?
Black-rumped Buttonquail anywhere but Creighton area esp.
Broad-td Warbler
Short tailed Pipit
Lemon-br Canary at Bonamanzi
Pink thrd Twinspot/Senegal Lapwing/Pel's Fishing Owl/Rosy Longclaw/Bushveld Pipit/Sooty Falcon/Green Malkoha/Red hd Quelea at Mkhuze or Ndumo or anywhere else
Magpie Manakin.

There are more but these are more of a priority.
Any suggestions most gratefully received.

Cheers,

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back