• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seafield to Kinghorn (1 Viewer)

Only just found this thread. This was my patch too until a couple of years ago when we moved. Your list looks pretty similar to mine though I never saw barnacle geese (and a few others). Arctic skua should be pretty easy about now if there's an easterly wind. Listen out for frantic sounding sandwich terns and keep a look out for anything flying fast and purposefully. I also saw quite a few bonxies and single pom and long-tailed there too. Manxies should also be doable around now but normally a long way out. I also saw black-throated and great northern divers but neither often. In spring, listen out for grasshopper warblers in the gorse about 3/4 of the way to Kinghorn and occasionally just up the slope from Seafield tower. The other bird that springs to mind, other than the black redstarts which stayed for months and were incredibly obliging, is that I saw quite a few woodcock when there were proper cold spells (coming in off the sea?).
I hope you enjoy birding there as much as I miss it!

Michael

Only just found this thread. This was my patch too until a couple of years ago when we moved. Your list looks pretty similar to mine though I never saw barnacle geese (and a few others). Arctic skua should be pretty easy about now if there's an easterly wind. Listen out for frantic sounding sandwich terns and keep a look out for anything flying fast and purposefully. I also saw quite a few bonxies and single pom and long-tailed there too. Manxies should also be doable around now but normally a long way out. I also saw black-throated and great northern divers but neither often. In spring, listen out for grasshopper warblers in the gorse about 3/4 of the way to Kinghorn and occasionally just up the slope from Seafield tower. The other bird that springs to mind, other than the black redstarts which stayed for months and were incredibly obliging, is that I saw quite a few woodcock when there were proper cold spells (coming in off the sea?).
I hope you enjoy birding there as much as I miss it!

Michael

Thanks for that Michael. Woodcock is not one I had considered, so I'll be sure to keep an eye open for them. If you are ever back in the area and I'm not working away, maybe we can walk it together. :t:

I was between the harbour and the tower when I spotted a flock of geese out over the water, winging their way east in the general direction of Largo Bay. You'd think I'd have learnt to have the camera ready by now, but I hadn't, so it was the usual scramble to get it out of the bag and focused onto the distant flock. Although they were distant, I felt that by the way they were flying, that they were not the currently default Pink-Foots. Now, having looked at the shots on the computer screen, I'm as sure as I can be that Barnacle Goose has just made the list. :t:

Just in case you did retain any doubt, don't: those are Barnies sho'nuff.

John

List Update

In at ninety-four are the Barnacle Geese.:t:

THE LIST UPDATED
1. Arctic Skua*
2. Arctic Tern
3. Barnacle Goose
4. Bar-tailed Godwit
5. Blackcap
6. Black-headed Gull
7. Black-tailed Godwit
8. Blackbird
9. Blue Tit
10. Bullfinch
11. Carrion Crow
12. Chaffinch
13. Chiffchaff
14. Collared Dove
15. Common Buzzard
16. Common Gull
17. Common Sandpiper
18. Common Scoter*
19. Common Tern
20. Cormorant
21. Curlew
22. Dunlin
23. Dunnock
24. Eider
25. Feral Pigeon
26. Fulmar
27. Gannet
28. Garden Warbler
29. Goldcrest
30. Goldeneye
31. Goldfinch
32. Goosander
33. Great Black-backed Gull
34. Great Crested Grebe
35. Great Tit
36. Greenfinch
37. Greenshank
38. Grey Heron
39. Greylag
40. Grey Wagtail
41. Guillemot
42. Herring Gull
43. Housemartin
44. House Sparrow
45. Kestrel
46. Kingfisher
47. Knot
48. Lapwing
49. Lesser Black-backed Gull
50. Linnet
51. Long-tailed Duck
52. Long-tailed Tit
53. Magpie
54. Mallard
55. Manx Shearwater*
56. Meadow Pipit
57. Mute Swan
58. Oystercatcher
59. Pheasant
60. Pied Wagtail (Yarrellii)
61. Pink-Footed Goose
62. Peregrine
63. Puffin
64. Purple Sandpiper
65. Raven*
66. Red-Throated Diver*
67. Red-breasted Merganser
68. Redshank
69. Reed Bunting
70. Ringed Plover
71. Robin
72. Rock Pipit
73. Ruff
74. Sanderling
75. Sandwich Tern
76. Sedge Warbler
77. Shag
78. Skylark
79. Song Thrush
80. Sparrowhawk
81. Starling
82. Stonechat
83. Swallow
84. Swift
85. Teal
86. Turnstone
87. Velvet Scoter
88. Wheatear
89. Whimbrel
90. Whitethroat
91. Willow Warbler
92. Woodpigeon
93. Wren.
94. Yellowhammer

November Return

I made my first visit in over three weeks, catching the high tide at about midday. It was a bit of a flying visit, as I made the tower, but turned back as the start of forecast heavy rain started to come on.

Highlights were the now ever present Kingfisher, quite a few Rock Pipits and my first Long-Tailed Duck of the season.

Good to be back.

Attachments

• DSCN9165.jpg
    DSCN9165.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 89
As soon as the light was good enough, I hit the strip this morning.

Working my way to the tower, I took half an hour to find Carrion Crow, GBBG, Herring Gull, Curlew, Oystercatcher, Song Thrush, Goldfinch, Cormorant, Shag, Eider, Robin, Black-Headed Gull, Redshank, Rock Pipit and Dunnock.

Pushing on beyond the tower, I found all the above again with the exception of Song Thrush, Curlew and Rock Pipit, and added, by the time I reached Kinghorn, Goosander, Blackbird, Wren, Chaffinch, Woodpigeon, Magpie, Pink-Footed Goose, Blue Tit, Gannet, Grey Heron, Yellowhammer, Reed Bunting, Long-Tailed Tit and Great Tit.

Just as I turned back at the caravan park, a Peregrine powered by causing chaos among the Redshank on the rocks below. It didn't seem to be hunting though, and quickly disappeared out of sight, heading for Kinghorn.

On the walk back further species were added to the list with Pheasant, Goldcrest, Turnstone and House Sparrow.

Later in the day, I returned to Seafield at high tide to see what might be pushed up on the rocks. Having seen a Spotted Redshank at the Eden Estuary yesterday, I was was giving extra scrutiny to the groups of Redshank, but to no avail this time. What I did find on the few un-submerged rocks though, was a group of Purple Sandpiper. There was also a large group of BHG working the tideline near the tower. I counted one hundred and forty-one. Also at the tower, I noted two Mallard flying by, and I found one of my favourite birds; a cracking Grey Wagtail, which made thirty seven species on a bleak, chilly day that had more winter than autumn in it.

Attachments

• DSCN9340.jpg
    DSCN9340.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN9346.jpg
    DSCN9346.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I did the full strip and back again today. The only bird additions to Friday's list were a couple of Ringed Plover and a Starling. Quite a few of Friday's list were missing, although heavy dog walking traffic was the most likely cause of that.

I did manage a new tick for the patch though. New to the mammal list is Roe Deer; two of which were seen in the stubble field across the railway line.

Attachments

• DSCN9363.jpg
    DSCN9363.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 86
First Year Anniversary

The patch is now into its official second year, as of two days ago. With ninety-four birds on the list, as a novice, I'm quite happy with that. My rough target was one hundred, but I can't get the slightest bit down about missing that, especially when I consider some of the birds I've seen.

Today, I headed along the strip again as far as the Lime Kiln. Halfway along the back of Lime Kiln Beach, my eye was drawn to movement in the heart of a heavy clump of shrubbery. I was expecting another Blackbird, as there were several in the immediate vicinity. As I lifted my binoculars though, I found a handsome Redwing peeking out at me. I was quite chuffed, as Redwing is a bird I have been particularly targeting over the last week. So Redwing becomes the first new patch tick of my second year's watching in this area.

Other notables today were the Kingfisher seen both this morning and this afternoon when I returned for high tide, a count of twenty-eight Purple Sandpiper and another sighting of the Grey Wagtail at the tower.

THE LIST UPDATED
1. Arctic Skua*
2. Arctic Tern
3. Barnacle Goose
4. Bar-tailed Godwit
5. Blackcap
6. Black-headed Gull
7. Black-tailed Godwit
8. Blackbird
9. Blue Tit
10. Bullfinch
11. Carrion Crow
12. Chaffinch
13. Chiffchaff
14. Collared Dove
15. Common Buzzard
16. Common Gull
17. Common Sandpiper
18. Common Scoter*
19. Common Tern
20. Cormorant
21. Curlew
22. Dunlin
23. Dunnock
24. Eider
25. Feral Pigeon
26. Fulmar
27. Gannet
28. Garden Warbler
29. Goldcrest
30. Goldeneye
31. Goldfinch
32. Goosander
34. Great Crested Grebe
35. Great Tit
36. Greenfinch
37. Greenshank
38. Grey Heron
39. Greylag
40. Grey Wagtail
41. Guillemot
42. Herring Gull
43. Housemartin
44. House Sparrow
45. Kestrel
46. Kingfisher
47. Knot
48. Lapwing
50. Linnet
51. Long-tailed Duck
52. Long-tailed Tit
53. Magpie
54. Mallard
55. Manx Shearwater*
56. Meadow Pipit
57. Mute Swan
58. Oystercatcher
59. Pheasant
61. Pink-Footed Goose
62. Peregrine
63. Puffin
64. Purple Sandpiper
65. Raven*
66. Red-Breasted Merganser
67. Redshank
68. Red-Throated Diver*
69. Redwing
70. Reed Bunting
71. Ringed Plover
72. Robin
73. Rock Pipit
74. Ruff
75. Sanderling
76. Sandwich Tern
77. Sedge Warbler
78. Shag
79. Skylark
80. Song Thrush
81. Sparrowhawk
82. Starling
83. Stonechat
84. Swallow
85. Swift
86. Teal
87. Turnstone
88. Velvet Scoter
88. Wheatear
90. Whimbrel
91. Whitethroat
92. Willow Warbler
93. Woodpigeon
94. Wren.
95. Yellowhammer

..... it's been a great year following your treks on this patch Paul.

Thanks lad.

Unexpected Tick

It was cold and grey along the strip this morning. I wasn't expecting too much, and that is what I was getting, until having turned at the stone dyke, I approached a Hawthorn tree just where the path starts to drop down the slope towards the tower. As I neared the tree, a bird popped out of its cover and perched on one of the uppermost twigs. I raised the binoculars, and was surprised to find myself in the company of a chestnut capped, male Tree Sparrow. It sat there for a short while, but before I could get the camera out of its case, it was off. As it went, another bird went with it from out of the hawthorn's thorny heart. I suspect it was a second Tree Sparrow, but did not get a good enough view to say for certain.

Tree Sparrow has been seen in the area before, as it is recorded in the Fife Atlas, but it is one that I thought I might struggle to get, so it is a very welcome patch tick, and enters the list as the ninety-sixth species.

Only other highlight was the first Red-Breasted Merganser that I've seen here for a while.

THE LIST UPDATED
1. Arctic Skua*
2. Arctic Tern
3. Barnacle Goose
4. Bar-tailed Godwit
5. Blackcap
6. Black-headed Gull
7. Black-tailed Godwit
8. Blackbird
9. Blue Tit
10. Bullfinch
11. Carrion Crow
12. Chaffinch
13. Chiffchaff
14. Collared Dove
15. Common Buzzard
16. Common Gull
17. Common Sandpiper
18. Common Scoter*
19. Common Tern
20. Cormorant
21. Curlew
22. Dunlin
23. Dunnock
24. Eider
25. Feral Pigeon
26. Fulmar
27. Gannet
28. Garden Warbler
29. Goldcrest
30. Goldeneye
31. Goldfinch
32. Goosander
34. Great Crested Grebe
35. Great Tit
36. Greenfinch
37. Greenshank
38. Grey Heron
39. Greylag
40. Grey Wagtail
41. Guillemot
42. Herring Gull
43. Housemartin
44. House Sparrow
45. Kestrel
46. Kingfisher
47. Knot
48. Lapwing
50. Linnet
51. Long-tailed Duck
52. Long-tailed Tit
53. Magpie
54. Mallard
55. Manx Shearwater*
56. Meadow Pipit
57. Mute Swan
58. Oystercatcher
59. Pheasant
61. Pink-Footed Goose
62. Peregrine
63. Puffin
64. Purple Sandpiper
65. Raven*
66. Red-Breasted Merganser
67. Redshank
68. Red-Throated Diver*
69. Redwing
70. Reed Bunting
71. Ringed Plover
72. Robin
73. Rock Pipit
74. Ruff
75. Sanderling
76. Sandwich Tern
77. Sedge Warbler
78. Shag
79. Skylark
80. Song Thrush
81. Sparrowhawk
82. Starling
83. Stonechat
84. Swallow
85. Swift
86. Teal
87. Tree Sparrow
88. Turnstone
89. Velvet Scoter
90. Wheatear
91. Whimbrel
92. Whitethroat
93. Willow Warbler
94. Woodpigeon
95. Wren.
96. Yellowhammer

I await feedback from the tagger, whom I have contacted.

Information now received, with both my sightings included.

Recapture History Great Black-backed Gull – Yellow T:058Ring DetailsMA32863 08/06/15 Isle of May, Fife

Sighted 25/09/15 Pittenweem, Fife (10 km, W, 109 days)

Sighted 16/12/16 Kirkcaldy, Fife (37 km, WSW, 1 yr 191days)

Sighted 01/10/17 Seafield, Kirkcaldy, Fife (38 km, WSW, 2 yrs 115days)

Sighted 01/11/17 Seafield, Kirkcaldy, Fife (38 km, WSW, 2 yrs 146days

No Pear Tree, but....

Arriving at Seafield at midday, I made my way along a very quiet strip. There was very little of anything, with a lone Common Gull being the nearest thing to a highlight, so I decided to call it a day once I reached the tower. Having reached the tower though, I for some inexplicable reason, just kept heading south along the pathway. Reaching the stone dyke without any real avian interruption, my eye was drawn to movement in the stubble field across the railway track.

Two birds ducked into the stubble as I raised my binoculars to them. It was at distance, but my first instinct was Grey Partridge. I pulled the camera out and took a few shots of the now largely obscured birds. By the time I had returned to the car, I'd convinced myself that wishful thinking had probably led me to upgrade a couple of hen pheasants, however, as you can see from the photos, my birds were indeed Grey Partridge (three of them, I think).

Once again I am feeling a little bit pleased with myself, as Grey Partridge is a bird I've been specifically targeting the stubble fields for over the last couple of weeks. It also gives me a hat-trick of patch ticks for the week. Not what I was expecting for November.

THE LIST UPDATED
1. Arctic Skua*
2. Arctic Tern
3. Barnacle Goose
4. Bar-tailed Godwit
5. Blackcap
6. Black-headed Gull
7. Black-tailed Godwit
8. Blackbird
9. Blue Tit
10. Bullfinch
11. Carrion Crow
12. Chaffinch
13. Chiffchaff
14. Collared Dove
15. Common Buzzard
16. Common Gull
17. Common Sandpiper
18. Common Scoter*
19. Common Tern
20. Cormorant
21. Curlew
22. Dunlin
23. Dunnock
24. Eider
25. Feral Pigeon
26. Fulmar
27. Gannet
28. Garden Warbler
29. Goldcrest
30. Goldeneye
31. Goldfinch
32. Goosander
34. Great Crested Grebe
35. Great Tit
36. Greenfinch
37. Greenshank
38. Grey Heron
39. Greylag
40. Grey Partridge
41. Grey Wagtail
42. Guillemot
43. Herring Gull
44. Housemartin
45. House Sparrow
46. Kestrel
47. Kingfisher
48. Knot
49. Lapwing
50. Lesser Black-backed Gull
51. Linnet
52. Long-tailed Duck
53. Long-tailed Tit
54. Magpie
55. Mallard
56. Manx Shearwater*
57. Meadow Pipit
58. Mute Swan
59. Oystercatcher
60. Pheasant
61. Pied Wagtail (Yarrellii)
62. Pink-Footed Goose
63. Peregrine
64. Puffin
65. Purple Sandpiper
66. Raven*
67. Red-Breasted Merganser
68. Redshank
69. Red-Throated Diver*
70. Redwing
71. Reed Bunting
72. Ringed Plover
73. Robin
74. Rock Pipit
75. Ruff
76. Sanderling
77. Sandwich Tern
78. Sedge Warbler
79. Shag
80. Skylark
81. Song Thrush
82. Sparrowhawk
83. Starling
84. Stonechat
85. Swallow
86. Swift
87. Teal
88. Tree Sparrow
89. Turnstone
90. Velvet Scoter
91. Wheatear
92. Whimbrel
93. Whitethroat
94. Willow Warbler
95. Woodpigeon
96. Wren.
97. Yellowhammer

Attachments

• DSCN9534.jpg
    DSCN9534.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN9532.jpg
    DSCN9532.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN9531.jpg
    DSCN9531.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Half a tick.

The sun was still touching the tops of the Lothian hills when I arrived at a frosty Seafield this morning. There was not a lot moving or showing, but having past the harbour, I picked up on a flight of duck way out in the Forth towards the general direction of Largo Bay. I thought I knew what they were, but only confirmed my thoughts when they settled on the water again, and I was able to zoom in with camera on them. The Long-Tailed Ducks were confirmed as having arrived in force, with fourteen counted.

Reed Buntings seem to be on the increase along the strip at the moment, dominating the small bird count from the scrub. Purple Sandpiper were present on the tips of the rocks remaining visible from the ingress of the high tide. At the tower, Rock Pipits are now an ever present. Overhead, a couple of flocks of Pint-Footed Goose passed by. I keep hoping for Bean Goose, but no sign of one yet.

I went as far as the stone dyke, checking the stubble field for Grey Partridge, but finding only Pheasant. Retracing my footsteps back along the path, I found another favourite on the rocks. Kingfisher confirmed as still present.

Last bird on the list today was a Pied Wagtail. Last week, I'd seen a wagtail in the car park that I was sure was a White, but as I was already packed up and in the car, I'd forgotten to list it. Today's bird was not as obviously a White to me, but I suspected it to be so. Not a patch tick, but I've updated the list to show the more general Pied/White instead of Yarrelli.

THE LIST UPDATED
1. Arctic Skua*
2. Arctic Tern
3. Barnacle Goose
4. Bar-tailed Godwit
5. Blackcap
6. Black-headed Gull
7. Black-tailed Godwit
8. Blackbird
9. Blue Tit
10. Bullfinch
11. Carrion Crow
12. Chaffinch
13. Chiffchaff
14. Collared Dove
15. Common Buzzard
16. Common Gull
17. Common Sandpiper
18. Common Scoter*
19. Common Tern
20. Cormorant
21. Curlew
22. Dunlin
23. Dunnock
24. Eider
25. Feral Pigeon
26. Fulmar
27. Gannet
28. Garden Warbler
29. Goldcrest
30. Goldeneye
31. Goldfinch
32. Goosander
34. Great Crested Grebe
35. Great Tit
36. Greenfinch
37. Greenshank
38. Grey Heron
39. Greylag
40. Grey Partridge
41. Grey Wagtail
42. Guillemot
43. Herring Gull
44. Housemartin
45. House Sparrow
46. Kestrel
47. Kingfisher
48. Knot
49. Lapwing
50. Lesser Black-backed Gull
51. Linnet
52. Long-tailed Duck
53. Long-tailed Tit
54. Magpie
55. Mallard
56. Manx Shearwater*
57. Meadow Pipit
58. Mute Swan
59. Oystercatcher
60. Pheasant
61. Pied/White Wagtail
62. Pink-Footed Goose
63. Peregrine
64. Puffin
65. Purple Sandpiper
66. Raven*
67. Red-Breasted Merganser
68. Redshank
69. Red-Throated Diver*
70. Redwing
71. Reed Bunting
72. Ringed Plover
73. Robin
74. Rock Pipit
75. Ruff
76. Sanderling
77. Sandwich Tern
78. Sedge Warbler
79. Shag
80. Skylark
81. Song Thrush
82. Sparrowhawk
83. Starling
84. Stonechat
85. Swallow
86. Swift
87. Teal
88. Tree Sparrow
89. Turnstone
90. Velvet Scoter
91. Wheatear
92. Whimbrel
93. Whitethroat
94. Willow Warbler
95. Woodpigeon
96. Wren.
97. Yellowhammer

Attachments

• DSCN9542.jpg
    DSCN9542.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN9547.jpg
    DSCN9547.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN9552.jpg
    DSCN9552.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN9575.jpg
    DSCN9575.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN9599.jpg
    DSCN9599.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 79
Late Sandwich.

I headed for the strip hoping that strong, gusting winds overnight might have blown something new in. The winds had done the trick, and there was something relatively new sat on the high tide encircled rocks. I certainly had not been expecting a Sandwich Tern in the middle of November, but there it was, and not too far from a lingering Common Gull.

Also making a first appearance in this season were a couple of Sanderling, resting up not far from the resident Kingfisher.

On the shore, Rock Pipit numbers have swelled a little. There was one with a metal tag, but I was too slow with the camera. Too slow also to get a picture of the Grey Wagtail at the tower. Reed Bunting continue to dominate the scrub, until you climb up the slope to the stone dyke. Here, the Yellowhammers reign.

EDIT - I've now been informed that one or two Sandwich Terns usually winter on the Forth. My education continues.

Attachments

• DSCN9729.jpg
    DSCN9729.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN9688.jpg
    DSCN9688.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN9703.jpg
    DSCN9703.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN9707.jpg
    DSCN9707.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN9711.jpg
    DSCN9711.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Winter Swallow

I have made a few visits since my last post on Tuesday, but have had nothing out of the ordinary showing. Main changes were an increase in Goldcrest at the back of Lime Kiln Beach, and increased numbers of Long-Tailed Duck out on the Forth. Still no divers or grebes though.

This afternoon, I headed to the strip knowing it would be my last opportunity for three weeks. Tide was lapping at its high mark and the sea sat docile and grey under a heavily overcast sky.

I wasn't out of the car park before I made a surprising spot. A Swallow was swooping about. Still plenty of fly life in the air, but surely the cold must be telling it to get out of here?

At the tower, I bumped into a birder that I have met before. He was carrying out a wader survey for the BTO, and informed me that he had found a Greenshank on the rocks about halfway along Lime Kiln Beach. I hurried along to the location and soon found the bird. It lifted at one point, but settled again just south of Stone Dyke Point. A nice addition to my species list for the month, but not as surprising as the winter Swallow.

Attachments

• DSCN9978.jpg
    DSCN9978.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 51
I walked from Kinghorn to Seafield Tower yesterday. Amongst a bunch of Black-headed and Herring Gulls loafing on the rocks about halfway along were two adult Mediterranean Gulls, probably two of the three I saw on the mudflats off Burntisland during the previous week. It looks like this is a new one for the list. I also counted 24 Long-tailed Ducks.

I walked from Kinghorn to Seafield Tower yesterday. Amongst a bunch of Black-headed and Herring Gulls loafing on the rocks about halfway along were two adult Mediterranean Gulls, probably two of the three I saw on the mudflats off Burntisland during the previous week. It looks like this is a new one for the list. I also counted 24 Long-tailed Ducks.

That's great Cuckoo-shrike! I'd received a report a few days ago of two Meds being between Kinghorn and Seafield Tower, but as they might have been around the corner in Kinghorn Bay, I decided not to list them. Confirmation of them being right in the middle of my patch is very welcome. Many thanks for letting me know.:t:

Hopefully, they'll hang about long enough for me to get them as a life tick and personal patch tick.

THE LIST UPDATED
1. Arctic Skua*
2. Arctic Tern
3. Barnacle Goose
4. Bar-tailed Godwit
5. Blackcap
6. Black-headed Gull
7. Black-tailed Godwit
8. Blackbird
9. Blue Tit
10. Bullfinch
11. Carrion Crow