• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Speedlite 580EX (1 Viewer)

jdbirdman

John Dempsey (jdbirdman)
Hi
Has anyone used the canons 580EX speedlite flash with the 10D yet?
Interested to know how it performs and if its worth spending the extra over the 550
cheers
john

I use the 580EX with my Canon 300D. I've never used anything else, so I can't compare with the 550. I'm sure someone else will help you. The 580 seems to have a bunch of functions; I just don't know or have a need to use a lot of them. I'm learning a lot, and it seems to be improving my photography.

I'll be interested in what others have to say, too.

Michael

Ok cheers Michael I'm interested in what sort of range you can manage with the fillin flash mode while using zoom and also what the max shutter speed you can use.
cheers
john
Michael W said:
I use the 580EX with my Canon 300D. I've never used anything else, so I can't compare with the 550. I'm sure someone else will help you. The 580 seems to have a bunch of functions; I just don't know or have a need to use a lot of them. I'm learning a lot, and it seems to be improving my photography.

I'll be interested in what others have to say, too.

Michael

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back