• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox 6.5x32 If (2 Viewers)

Bencw

I picked up this used binocular this week, I was not sure what to expect, having read some mixed reviews, it seems they are a bit like marmite, you like them or hate them. I have to say, I like them. These are in good nick, with case, paperwork, boxed etc. Decent FOV at 420ft@1000yds, 19mm eye relief, and the excellent depth of field means you can set the IF at around 50yds and then leave it, it is fine for anything from about 25yds to infinity. They are not quite as pin sharp and bright as my Alpha center focus bins, the Classic, BN and FL, but still very good clarity and right to the edge. Have to say, better than I expected. They remind of a military type. If I had to nit pick, for close focus it is no use at all, and they are bit heavy for a small binocular at almost 21oz, but generally it,s nice to use, easy comfortable viewing.

Attachments

• MINOX-6.5X32-IF.JPG
    MINOX-6.5X32-IF.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 240
  • MINOX-6.5X32-IF.JPG2.JPG
    MINOX-6.5X32-IF.JPG2.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Good find. I don't see these much anymore. A few years ago, Doug at Camera Land had the 6.5x and 9.5x models at a steep discount after they were discontinued. They have the longest eyecups I've ever seen on a bin, and the look very rugged. Alas, I can no longer "set and forget" with IF EP bins, even at 6x (Fuji FMT), so I'd be fiddling and fiddling with the diopters to focus at various distances. But if you can accommodate the focus w/out having to touch the diopters, a 6x or 6.5x 30/32mm is handy bin to have. Enjoy!

Brock

TY, Brock, yes, the eyecups are exceptionally long, these have slight creases, so have probably been kept folded back at some time. As you say, very rugged, built like a tank.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back