• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Request for Martial Eagle flight profile please?. (1 Viewer)

alan_rymer

United Kingdom
I hope someone out there can email me, or post a flight shot from below of a Martial Eagle.
It will be used as a template on a large kite to be used for teaching Vervet monkeys to be afraid of Martial Eagle shaped kites|=)| prior to being released into the wild. Its a project my son ( 2nd year Zoology student ) will be working on this summer in Zambia. He will hopefully use this project for his finals.

Many thanks in anticipation

Alan

At work at the moment but I have a few flight shots at home -perhaps a little distant but can be readily blown-up for a soaring flight profile. May be useful if nobody else responds to your request.
I'll post them this evening whilst watching Italy grind a 1:0 victory over the Ukraine (after 6 red cards!!).

Hi Alan,
3 images of immature Martial Eagle.

Attachments

• Imm. Martial Eagle 1.jpg
    Imm. Martial Eagle 1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Imm. Martial Eagle 2.jpg
    Imm. Martial Eagle 2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Imm. Martial Eagle 3.jpg
    Imm. Martial Eagle 3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 118
4 images of (almost) adult Martial Eagle. Hope the images will be of use.

All the images were taken from Mandina lodges Swimming Pool, Makasutu in The Gambia. -What a place, the difficulty in getting images was dependent on how quickly you could put down the cold beer & pick up the camera!
Cheers,
Steve

Attachments

• Adult Martial Eagle 1.jpg
    Adult Martial Eagle 1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Adult Martial Eagle 2.jpg
    Adult Martial Eagle 2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Adult Martial Eagle 3.jpg
    Adult Martial Eagle 3.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Adult Martial Eagle 4.jpg
    Adult Martial Eagle 4.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 116
Steve

Many thanks.
If we can't get a kite already made with the required outline ( currently in contact with an African kite manufacturer ) we will use your third picture of your immature if thats O.K. with you?.

Many thanks again Steve

Alan

alan_rymer said:
Steve

Many thanks.
If we can't get a kite already made with the required outline ( currently in contact with an African kite manufacturer ) we will use your third picture of your immature if thats O.K. with you?.

Many thanks again Steve

Alan
Feel free to use any of the images. Hope it works out one way or another.
Best wishes,
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back