• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI:Sarawak birding tips? (1 Viewer)

blancheliu

Dear all,

I'm going to Sarawak at the end of September and early October.

In fact I was encouraged by the BirdingAsia article about Sarawak last year.

However, when I tried to dig some birding information about Sarawak, I couldn't find much.

Any tips about the following birding spot would be weilcome.
1. I plan to stay at Mulu NP for 4days. arrive at noon, and lieave at noon. Any information about birding at Mulu? I heard that the trails from the HQ to Deer Cave would be good, and also along the river?
2. I would stay at Kuching for about 4 days, arriving late afternoon.
According to the information I got (partl of it from this forum), Kubah NP would be good. Bako is crowded with tourists? I want to focus on Kubah NP and of course, any information about birding near Kuching would be welcome.

and Kubah still couldn't provide food? That means, I have to go back to town for food or carry some with me?

Since I am traveling alone, I would depend on public transportation. Does that mean Borneo Highland is difficult to reach?

3. Last one, I would fly to KK first, arrive at noon and leave noon next day. Original plan would be find a place for birding. any suugestion on nearby birding spot? Mt. Kinabalu seems to be in a hurry for one day.

thank you very much.

Dear all,

I'm going to Sarawak at the end of September and early October.

In fact I was encouraged by the BirdingAsia article about Sarawak last year.

However, when I tried to dig some birding information about Sarawak, I couldn't find much.

Any tips about the following birding spot would be weilcome.
1. I plan to stay at Mulu NP for 4days. arrive at noon, and lieave at noon. Any information about birding at Mulu? I heard that the trails from the HQ to Deer Cave would be good, and also along the river?
2. I would stay at Kuching for about 4 days, arriving late afternoon.
According to the information I got (partl of it from this forum), Kubah NP would be good. Bako is crowded with tourists? I want to focus on Kubah NP and of course, any information about birding near Kuching would be welcome.

and Kubah still couldn't provide food? That means, I have to go back to town for food or carry some with me?

Since I am traveling alone, I would depend on public transportation. Does that mean Borneo Highland is difficult to reach?

3. Last one, I would fly to KK first, arrive at noon and leave noon next day. Original plan would be find a place for birding. any suugestion on nearby birding spot? Mt. Kinabalu seems to be in a hurry for one day.

thank you very much.

Mr. Liu,

Although I've not been to Sarawak at all, I'll try to help you.

Kubah NP has some great birds. Please see the blog of fellow Birdforum member Dave B @ David Bakewell here http://digdeep1962.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html.

For KK in Sabah, the best person to ask is Horukuru @Jason Reyes, a bird guide based there. You can PM him and the above David Bakewell here http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=208490.

Hope it helps!:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back