• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Love Letter for Leica (1 Viewer)

Kevin Conville

yardbirder
My bins came back from Leica today after 9 weeks. I sent them in for warranty work as the shroud that covers the hinge somehow cracked. Leica must have sent them off to Germany for how long it took but all's well in the end.

All the lusting after other bins I've experienced since I sent them away vaporized within 10 seconds of looking through them. They are spectacular. What a joy to use.

The way they snap to focus instantly, the super smooth focus w/o any play, the way the focus knob falls under my index and middle fingers using a Thumbs Up hold, the way the full field w/o blackouts or adjustment comes to view so easily, the razor sharp image, and the way they allow one to see deep into foliage... I'm in love all over again.

Leica went through them and certified them with a signed card as being to factory new standards. I don't know if they are any different than when I sent them in but they are just brilliant.

For all the carping I've heard over the years about Leica Customer service, I have to say they have been wonderful to me for the three times in 36 years I've had need of it.

Without exaggeration, I truly would not trade these for any other binocular. New or old. I'm very happy to own these true classics.

Attachments

• 8x32 2.jpg
    8x32 2.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 362
My bins came back from Leica today after 9 weeks. I sent them in for warranty work as the shroud that covers the hinge somehow cracked. Leica must have sent them off to Germany for how long it took but all's well in the end.

All the lusting after other bins I've experienced since I sent them away vaporized within 10 seconds of looking through them. They are spectacular. What a joy to use.

The way they snap to focus instantly, the super smooth focus w/o any play, the way the focus knob falls under my index and middle fingers using a Thumbs Up hold, the way the full field w/o blackouts or adjustment comes to view so easily, the razor sharp image, and the way they allow one to see deep into foliage... I'm in love all over again.

Leica went through them and certified them with a signed card as being to factory new standards. I don't know if they are any different than when I sent them in but they are just brilliant.

For all the carping I've heard over the years about Leica Customer service, I have to say they have been wonderful to me for the three times in 36 years I've had need of it.

Without exaggeration, I truly would not trade these for any other binocular. New or old. I'm very happy to own these true classics.

Yep!

The Ultravids were introduced in 2004 so your Leica 8x32 Trinovid BN must be at least 14 years old and Leica did major warranty repair work on it and brought it back to factory new standards!

9 weeks isn't too long to wait for that, I think!:t:

Enjoy them! Spring isn't too far away!

Bob

That's great Kevin! I don't know how any company could have beaten that!:t:

Beautiful binocular for sure!

These are classic binos and it is great that you still feel that way about them.
Long may it continue.

Lee

I echo your comments Kevin. I've had my trinovids over 25 years and recently sent them off to Leica (Portugal) for warranty work and they came back a month later looking like new. I'm very pleased with the after sales service.

Attachments

• DSCN4651.JPG
    DSCN4651.JPG
    253 KB · Views: 169
The only times I’ve had to call on Leica service was to get replacement parts like a torn objective cover, and each time they waived any charges. My Leica bins are also for the most part covered by the old lifetime Passport warranty.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back