• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Geese breeding hits native birds (BBC News) (1 Viewer)

"In west Cornwall, the Hayle Estuary alone is home to more than 250 species of birds, including ducks, waders, and the rare black kite."

Black Kites breeding in Cornwall???

... and the introduced Canada geese hybidising with farmyard geese is a problem for who?

Are they good to eat? I see a marketing opportunity for a new Cornish gastronomy!

I actually witnessed a Canada Goose kill a family of young (about 2 day old ) Mallards on a small local pond, the other Goose was sitting tight on a clutch of eggs and finaly produced 5 young. I know moorhen have also nested at the same site but have failed to produce any young in the 7 years of the ponds existance. I have no proof it was the Geese but from what I have seen moorhen chicks would be no problem to despatch.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back