• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Walberswick reedbeds (1 Viewer)

d.steeley

England
Hi all, I'm off to Suffolk for a few days next week. One of our favourite birding walks is from Walberswick, through the reedbeds to the derelict water wind pump where we turn left then right and continue in a westerly direction, through the reeds to eventually meet a boardwalk going through a damp wooded area that leads to a car park by the Dunwich/Blythburgh road. We turn right here and walk the Sanderling's Way track back to Walberswick. Over the last couple of years we have been forced to either detour or give up because many of the footpaths through the reeds have been closed due to improvement work. Does anyone know if the footpaths are still affected or that they are now open.

thanks in advance

Dave

Thanks Brian, at least we can walk the area again but probably scare off all the Bearded Tits and Bitterns we regularly see there.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Brian, at least we can walk the area again but probably scare off all the Bearded Tits and Bitterns we regularly see there.

Cheers

Dave

I too have fond memories of walks through those reedbeds. I seem to remember hearing Nightingale on a regular basis from the path through the wood situated on the western site of the reedbed. If you are lucky enough to hear them still in this area please let us know. I'm now situated further north and the only option for nightingale was Thorne waste in Humberside now they have disapeared from Thorne. So sad.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back