• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray Binoculars Giveaways. Ultimate Prize: two pairs of PRIME HD binoculars (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miffed at the forecast today for more snow, this weather is costing me, you know?
It'll ruin my plans this weekend, then I'll be back at work and round the bend.

The Winner

Everybody loves a winner,
And nobody wants to loo-oose,
But when it comes down to heads or tails,
It's Fate that gets to choose.

I don't mean you should give up,
But success has its price,
If you wanna drink from the Loving Cup
Be prepared for the sacrifi-iice
(success has it's price).

(there are more lyrics, but that's all I remember, I've got it registered. The song has a nice moving chord structure similar to the way Jim Croce used to play. I had him in mind when I wrote the song even though as a singer-songwriter himself, he wasn't likely to record it, and he died in '73.)

lyrics © 1971 by Brock 'N Roll Muzak

The Winner

Everybody loves a winner,
And nobody wants to loo-oose,
But when it comes down to heads or tails,
It's Fate that gets to choose.

I don't mean you should give up,
But success has its price,
If you wanna drink from the Loving Cup
Be prepared for the sacrifi-iice
(success has it's price).

(there are more lyrics, but that's all I remember, I've got it registered. The song has a nice moving chord structure similar to the way Jim Croce used to play. I had him in mind when I wrote the song even though as a singer-songwriter himself, he wasn't likely to record it, and he died in '73.)

lyrics © 1971 by Brock 'N Roll Muzak

You, sir, are an interesting cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back