• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can any help with sunflower hearts (1 Viewer)

Seamoor

Can anyone help I am looking to purchase a large bag say approx 25kg of Sunflower hearts. I live near PLYMOUTH in Devon and can get a bag just under 24kgs for £26.00. I have used one since xmas and am looking to purchase another. I was wondering if this was a good price, or does anyone have any other suggestions as to where I can try

Thanks

I think that is an excellent price. Much cheaper than afew places I know. As mentioned above, if the quality is good, I'd stick with them.

Kezza said:
I think that is an excellent price. Much cheaper than afew places I know. As mentioned above, if the quality is good, I'd stick with them.

I get them for £22 but I have to travel from Coventry to Kings Bromley (40 miles away) to get them.

As has been said. If they are good quality then that is a good price.

John

Hello Seamoor
Does your supplier sell to the public, please and can you give their whereabouts?! If on our route, it would pay me to call on the way back from holiday!

Mary said:
Hello Seamoor
Does your supplier sell to the public, please and can you give their whereabouts?! If on our route, it would pay me to call on the way back from holiday!

Hi Mary

I notice that you live in warks the same as me. The place I go to is Prince farm Feeds near Kings Bromley. Their phone number is 01543 473900 and their e-mail address is [email protected]

There is a chance that I will call into there in about three weeks time. If you don't live too far from me I could pick you up a sack but it might pay you to go there yourself as they have so many varieties of seed there that you would be spoilt for choice.

John

Reader said:
Hi Mary

I notice that you live in warks the same as me. The place I go to is Prince farm Feeds near Kings Bromley. Their phone number is 01543 473900 and their e-mail address is [email protected]

There is a chance that I will call into there in about three weeks time. If you don't live too far from me I could pick you up a sack but it might pay you to go there yourself as they have so many varieties of seed there that you would be spoilt for choice.

John
Thanks for that, John. We are right down at the bottom of the county, but hubby travels around sometimes, so I could get him to call. Cheers B :)

Am I just the lucky one? I have at least three sources, Wimborne Market, where I can get them by the sack. Dorset pet and Food supplies in Westmoors Dorset or on the woolsbridge industrial estate there is a whole foods barn that sells all kinds of feeds, each of them around the £22 mark! I am sure you should be able to get that sort of stuff from something like Mole Valley farmers, used to be known as S.C.A.T.S. be interesting to see how many other places folks get their bird feeds from? I do know my mother used to buy hers from CJbird foods, but I do think she paid a bit more for her feeds though!

£21-00 from Loughborough market and one pet shop last time I bought. I notice far higher prices online and from the RSPB.

s.g. said:
If the quality is good then its a good price.

S. G.
I get my seeds from pet shop The sign of the Owl Just off the A38 just past the Woodpecker pub take the Wrangaton slip turn left and you will see the sign. open 7 days a week. A Great place to look around.

Mary said:
Hello Seamoor

Yes it is a pet shop called the Sign of the Owl just past the woodpecker inn on the A38 take the wrangaton dlip and turn left follow the signs. This slip is after South Brent and before Ivybridge open 7 days a week and has a large selection of birds a well as owls etc.

Seamoor said:
Yes it is a pet shop called the Sign of the Owl just past the woodpecker inn on the A38 take the wrangaton dlip and turn left follow the signs. This slip is after South Brent and before Ivybridge open 7 days a week and has a large selection of birds a well as owls etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back