• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nikon spotting scope 80a eye piece (1 Viewer)

Derek savage

Hi ,

I purchased the above scope a few years back as it was pretty decent quality and reasonably priced . what i really need is a new eyepiece preferably the zoom , i have the 25x one just now which isnt bad . The problem is i cant find them online at all even on ebay , so does anyone know where i might be able to get hold of one its a screw in mount if memory serves right as opposed to a bayonet fitting which all the newer ones have . I really like the scope but i cant afford to upgrade at the moment .

Best regards , Derek Savage .

swap?

This is an older scope so it will be difficult to find a retailer that still has one- Maybe an individual here or at another birder/ hunter web site. Possibly you could find someone who has the zoom and would like to swap for the fixed eyepiece- some prefer that; larger field of view at the same distance and longer eye relief for glasses wearers I understand. The "Sky and Earth" eyepieces may fit, but again are older and hard to find.

If you could find the 60 Sky&Earth series scope with a zoom at a cheap price and use the zoom on the 80. That is if I am right in assuming that your scope is what Nikon called this series in North America. I think this would be your best bet. Does yours look like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Sky-Earth-7352-/321039178753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abf6d1c01
yes thats the same only mine is angled . ill take a look at the sky&earth models
thankyou.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back