• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Guangzhou advice wanted (1 Viewer)

shymollymawk

I'm stopping over for 2 days in Guangzhou in December. Any advice on local birding, accommodation and transport much appreciated! Particularly interested in nearby Forest Parks for birding.

cheers

George

Guangzhou

Thanks Dev

Do you have any more information on those two sites? Theres not a lot on the internet surprisingly. I will be staying at the China Hotel, next to Yuexiu Park.

cheers

George

Sorry George. Frankly, i have never been to Guangzhou. I collected these info when i was planning to visit my cousin in Guangzhou but that din't happen. Sun Yat Sen university has a metro station (line 8) so reaching it, wont be a problem. You may also need to pay attention to Zhongshan university, both are same as Zhongshan is the chinese name.
Dafu park can be reached from Line 3(either Shiqiao station/Han River station) and a short taxi ride. Check with your hotel for the best way to reach, its a famous tourist spot too.
Yuexiu park itself a decent birding area, you might find some good birds.

Hi,

I've lived in GZ for nearly 2 years and regret to say that it's not great for birds. However, some places are better than others. We regularly go to Baiyun Mountain (north end is quietest) as it's close and a nice escape from the chaos of the city. South China Botanical Gardens also OK - less interesting in summer. Sun Yet-sen Uni (S. campus) is quite popular with photographers - there's a particular area of derelict buildings that attracts very big cameras. There's also a nature reserve at Nansha to the SE of the city but we've not made it there yet. Let me know if you want me to post a list of commonly seen birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back