• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spotted Redshank? UK (20/8/14) (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone.

About a week ago I saw this wader which I (perhaps optimistically) thought could be a candidate for Spotted Redshank. Unfortunately the bird was way on the other side of an estuary and even with the good zoom on my camera I couldn't be sure. To add to the frustration when I was trying to move into a better viewing position a passing dog walker on the other side of the water flushed all the waders and I lost sight of the bird.

I confess I forgot all about it until I uploaded the contents of my SD card onto the computer today and came across the photo. I would be grateful if anyone could take a look and see what they think (the bird on the left). Apologies for the dismal quality, but like I said this was a pretty distant bird.

Attachments

• unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 116
  • unknowncrop.jpg
    unknowncrop.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 114
Thank you both!

Happy to have this bird confirmed but now I am annoyed that I didn't make more of an effort to re-find it (well to be perfectly honest I am more annoyed at the dog-walker... but there you go :C).

Cheers again for the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back