• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More from Cape York Australia 1 (1 Viewer)

Greg McKay

I like the pretty colors
Hi all need some help confirmation with these
Photo 1 Fairy or white throated Gerygone (fem) we are leaning towards white throated because of the grey being low on the cheeks but seen in the vicinity of Fairy Greygones
Photos 2 and 3 Marble Frogmouth over Papuan Photo taken at Weipa. Red eyes not orange so either Papuan or marbled leaning towards Marbled because of bill size not extending beyond outside of eyes when looking face on and forked tail.
Photo 4 Eclipse White winged triller
Photo 5 Yellow spotted honeyeater Weipa

Attachments

• 7 Fairy ferygone  check.jpg
    7 Fairy ferygone check.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 44
  • 10 Frogmouth(2).jpg
    10 Frogmouth(2).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 10 Frogmouth.jpg
    10 Frogmouth.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 11 White Wing triller eclipse (1).jpg
    11 White Wing triller eclipse (1).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 13 Yellow Spottred Honeyeater Weipa.jpg
    13 Yellow Spottred Honeyeater Weipa.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 40
Fairy Gerygone, I think Papuan Frogmouth, White-winged Triller and I also think Graceful Honeyeater, the bill looks slender and it's quite pale beneath..

Another Frogmouth.

Ecetone I have another Frogmouth taken at the tip of Australia for comparison. It looks different than the first. tawny has been ruled out for both birds because of eye color. My thoughts are ones a Papuan and one a Marble but which?

Attachments

• Frogmouth Bamaga(1).jpg
    Frogmouth Bamaga(1).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Frogmouth Bamaga(2).jpg
    Frogmouth Bamaga(2).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Frogmouth Bamaga.jpg
    Frogmouth Bamaga.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 22
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back