• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica APO 77 spotting scope with camera mount? (1 Viewer)

nharrier

Hello. Recently I purchased a Leica APO Televid 77 spotting scope and am enjoying it immensely. I've had some great looks at raptors, ducks, and even a couple seals! My most recent thrill is seeing a Great Horned Owl nesting. It is too far away for my 300 mm lensed camera to get an effective photo, and I will not disturb the nest just to get a photo. I've been wanting to get a camera mount and camera to hook up to my spotting scope but am totally clueless as to what to buy. I'm not sure if digital is the way to go or what my options even are, though I think I heard that SLR cameras are the only way to go?? I do not know all the technical information of the cameras, it is overwhelming to me. I really need to get the best camera (at least a very good one without spending thousands hopefully!) I can hook up to this scope and get the best closeup photos. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd love to take the time and really research this, but time is of the essence as I really wish to photograph this beautiful owl! I've been birding for quite a long time and owls have often eluded me. Now I have a good chance to photograph one at a safe distance. Please help!!!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back