• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SOC for Nikon ED60 II (1 Viewer)

Swifty49

Scouse Scoper
Anyone know where I can get a SOC for Nikon ED60 II? The model changed with the introduction of the EDIII and Nikon re-sited the scope foot from behind the focussing collar to in front of it so the latest SOC on sale won't fit my model.

Attachments

• nikon-ed-ii.gif
    nikon-ed-ii.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 145
Skua SOC for Nikon Fieldscope

Swifty...
Somewhere buried in the depths of my storage cavern (the Life Science Basement) I have a genuine Skua SOC for the Nikon Fieldscope I ED that Nikon USA could not repair and replaced with a new Fieldscope IIIED. (Bravo Nikon!) The Fieldscope IED had the same mounting foot arrangement as the Fieldscope IIED but seems to me, never having had a II, that the prism box might be slightly longer/bigger on the II. I'll leave it to you to do the research and get back to me through PM and maybe we can do a swap. There is a Skua SOC for a Swarovski ST80HD available "across the water" from me that the current currency status and the dealer's unwillingness to sell to the USA make unattractive/unavailable to me. I'm thinking along those lines. Again, if interested...PM me here on Birdforum and I'll also give you my "real" email at the College so this can go faster. Good Luck in your quest. The Skua was the only SOC I could ever find for the Fieldscope I and I tried what seemed like forever before I bit the financial bullet and got one from the UK. Too bad it didn't save the scope from the end it met from loaning it out. (Smashed objective lens!)

Roger (DocSarvis)

Sounds reasonable. PM me the details of the Swaro case over here and I'll look into it.

Edit: Is your Skua case for a straight or angled scope? Mine is straight, as per the photo.

Last edited:
My Skua case fits the straight model as well. I'll get you the details on the Skua case for the Swaro ST80HD. If the dealer has sold it off, I have some other similar items you could obtain for me to swap for my case that would save me hugely due to the nasty exchange rate between the dollar and the pound... ie items from Cley Spey. When I last looked at it, my case still seemed near new. I'll set my student help looking for it Monday and see about getting you a digital pic. I'll stuff it with newspaper or bubblewrap since the scope it fits is long gone and empty it won't be very photogenic. ;)

Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back