• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swan Help: Tundra or Trumpeter?? (1 Viewer)

birdman000

Can anyone help me w/ an id of a swan? I saw it within a nature preserve in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The first 2 pics and the last 2 pics were taken on different days but I believe they are all the same bird.

Thanks so much for the help.

Attachments

• Swan One.jpg
    Swan One.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Swan Two.jpg
    Swan Two.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Swan Three.jpg
    Swan Three.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 126
  • Swan Four.jpg
    Swan Four.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 121
At that distance it is hard to tell. I copied and pasted the photo into photoshop and zoomed right up to it. Obviously it was very pixalated but even so I couldn't see any yellow at the base of the bill.

I am not confident but I would say Trumpeter.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back