• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rutland - advice needed urgently! (1 Viewer)

LesaPink

Many thanks. I am going to Rutland tomorrow. This may be a silly question so I apologise in advance.
Is there parking at the Anglian Centre or Lyndon Centre ? The map I have printed off only shows parking at the North of the water. Do I have to park there and walk to Anglian ?
The reason that I'm appearing lazy / panicking is that I broke my foot last year and now can't walk too far.
I thank you in advance.

I visited Rutland Water for the first time three weeks ago. It is a magnificent place to go bird watching.

Anyway in response to your enquiry, the Egleton (Anglian) Centre is the main visitors centre, which is open all year round, and there is plenty of car parking. The other centre is the Lyndon centre which is now closed for the winter. However, there is a large car park which is accessible all year round. Both car parks are within easy walking distance to each of the centres. There are 27 hides so be prepared to walk some distance to them. Fortunately the majority of the paths are well made and easy to walk on.

Have a great time! I did!

Harold.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back