• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Fieldscope ED82 eyepieces (1 Viewer)

You need Fieldscope eyepieces, so the last three are okay but not the first one. They are quite expensive because they are very good and the prices being asked seem to be about what would be expected.

You need Fieldscope eyepieces, so the last three are okay but not the first one. They are quite expensive because they are very good and the prices being asked seem to be about what would be expected.

And why the second costs 179euros and the third 279 euros, being both wide angle fixed eyepieces for fieldscope? What's the difference?

The Nikon Fieldscope eyepieces are in short supply and many vendors are exploiting the shortage by charging higher prices for some magnifications. My advice is to order from Amazon Japan and use Tenso.com to forward them to Italy. The eyepieces you want for visual use are the MC Wide series. The DS series in your links are best for digiscoping since they dont have eyecups.

The Nikon Fieldscope eyepieces are in short supply and many vendors are exploiting the shortage by charging higher prices for some magnifications. My advice is to order from Amazon Japan and use Tenso.com to forward them to Italy. The eyepieces you want for visual use are the MC Wide series. The DS series in your links are best for digiscoping since they dont have eyecups.

I can't find nikon fieldscope eps on those websites, I'm confused with Japanese characters! Could you help me finding the right pages?

PS The second ep in my link is marked as MC!

As said, the first one is for the EDG scope. They are bayonet mount.

#s 2-4 are for Fieldscopes, they are screw mount. The second and fourth indicate MC EPs though the photos depict a DS EP.

I have all the Fieldscope EPs and have no preference for the MC (wide) EPs over the DS EPs for visual, twist-up eyecup or not. They offer the very same view with the added feature (in the DS) that they're better suited for digiscoping.

If you purchase an ED82 with the 25-75 zoom, that will satisfy your requirement for high power. I recommend adding the DS30x as well for wide field visual and digiscoping. The DS30x is my favorite of them all, for general use, but I don't have a need for very high power.

Kevin if you can find the FSA-1/2 adapter set, you can "covert" the MC Wide eyepieces to DS style on demand. Even works with the MCII Zoom v2.

I'll sell my zoom 25-75 - with box very good condition for 150 euros plus postage.

It's Nikon and fits the fieldscopes....

Hi all... I already have some astro eyepieces at home (I use them in a 100mm refractor)... Is there a way to use them on the fieldscope (I know this is possible for example on Zeiss Discope or on Celestron Regal)...

You can fit them in the scope body but there is no way to semi-permanently attach it without a home-made adapter. The question also remains as to whether or not they will reach focus at infinity either. Many of them will not.

You can fit them in the scope body but there is no way to semi-permanently attach it without a home-made adapter. The question also remains as to whether or not they will reach focus at infinity either. Many of them will not.

And should this be regarded as a big disadvantage of the fieldscope? Using astro eps should allow to reach higher magnifications, up to 160-200x for astronomical observations!

It depends on your point of view. I enjoy trying different astro eyepieces on my version of the Nikon 82 but they are all low power as I find low power/wide angle eyepieces more appealing. The highest I have pushed my scope is the usual 75x. With the Nikon 75x wide angle the image is quite satisfying.

It depends on your point of view. I enjoy trying different astro eyepieces on my version of the Nikon 82 but they are all low power as I find low power/wide angle eyepieces more appealing. The highest I have pushed my scope is the usual 75x. With the Nikon 75x wide angle the image is quite satisfying.

So there is a way to fix them to the Fieldscope, even if only temporarily!

One more thing: when I look trough online shops for eyepieces, how do I distinguish the old MC zoom from the newer MCII? I'm afraid they could confuse MC and MCII... Do they both have 25-75x magnification?

One more thing: when I look trough online shops for eyepieces, how do I distinguish the old MC zoom from the newer MCII? I'm afraid they could confuse MC and MCII... Do they both have 25-75x magnification?

The MC zoom is Nikon # 7466, and is 25-56 on the 82. The Nikon #7467 is
the MC II, zoom, and is 25-75 on the 82mm.
If you search with the Nikon prod. #'s here, you will see the difference, they
both will work well, but the 7467, is better.

Jerry

The MC zoom is Nikon # 7466, and is 25-56 on the 82. The Nikon #7467 is
the MC II, zoom, and is 25-75 on the 82mm.
If you search with the Nikon prod. #'s here, you will see the difference, they
both will work well, but the 7467, is better.

Jerry

There is an older, MC version of the 25-75. I haven't seen one in a long time.

--AP

The older MC version of the 25-75x zoom has the same model #7467 as the MCII. Kimmo Absetz has compared the two and found only minor optical differences. I have an older one and my only real complaint is the narrow field, which is unchanged in the new one.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back