• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird feeder collapsed. (1 Viewer)

palval147

Well I guess it doesn't owe me anything, we've had it for a very long time, it was originally my old rotary clothes line, modified by OH into a pole with arms to hang feeders on.
It is no more, it finally, after lots of repair has given up the ghost.

The ground is so soft now with all the rain we've had that I can no longer stick one in the grass. The grass (lawn) has been a muddy mess for so long it is no longer firm enough.

I went straight on to Amazon & ordered a new bird feeder pole, it hasn't as many arms & I have yet to decide where to put it, but I'll find somewhere. Already have a bird table on the patio, so no room there.

RIP Bird feeder.:-O

Attachments

• 29jbirds10006(2).jpg
    29jbirds10006(2).jpg
    271 KB · Views: 18
It certainly did you well, Val.

Our rotary drier came with a metal base which went into the ground, and supports the pole. Did yours not have one of those? It means the pole can still be used, even if the ground is a bit boggy.

No, Kits, it's the pole that's rotted away. we've been mending it with broom handles for years, but it's now too low to be practical.

Thanks, Lydia, I'm still waiting for the new one & the birds aren't feeding from the feeders on the Buddleia, they just sit in the Willow tree looking puzzled.:-O

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back