• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Birdwatcher's Pro Tripod (1 Viewer)

thegoon

I am looking at getting a new Opticron HR80 scope, which currently is on offer online with the following tripod....

42831 Birdwatcher's Pro Tripod c/w Manfrotto 701HDV Panhead

Is this tripod/head any good?

I've managed to find a stockist in my area to test the scope, but cannot find anyone who has this tripod to test it. Anyone used one? Any good? Any thoughts?

Thanks

I havent used one myself, But looking on the Opticron site it appears to be ok, Opticron have a good reputation and it would be very unlikley that they would offer a tripod that wasnt suitable for their scope, also its free with the scope,

I haven't used this tripod either but I used an Opticron 42704 tripod for several years and it was very good for the price. I now have a Manfrotto 190 tripod with the 701HDV head and the head is excellent for use with a scope. I imagine the 42831 Birdwatcher's Pro tripod with that head should work well with the Opticron HR80 scope. If it is free, it sounds like a very good offer.

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back