• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Australian grass parakeets (1 Viewer)

zuckuss

Hello all.

I am writing my thesis on the effects of enviromental enrichment and 'novel' objects in a large caged avairy of parakeets, comprising mainly of spledid and torqousine. The information on their natural history, distribution and life cycle is very few and far between, and what i can find is all aimed at the 'home keeper'

If anyone can recoomend any sources of potential information - i would really be grateful!

Thanks very much everyone~!!!!!

parakeets

There is extensive field information on both these species in the Handbook of Australian and New Zealand Birds, published by Birds Australia (RAOU). Huge and expensive books, but certainly available in some library in London. The now out of print Parrots of Australia and Parrots of the World by Forshaw could also help, but HANZAB is the standard.

zuckuss said:
Hello all.

I am writing my thesis on the effects of enviromental enrichment and 'novel' objects in a large caged avairy of parakeets, comprising mainly of spledid and torqousine. The information on their natural history, distribution and life cycle is very few and far between, and what i can find is all aimed at the 'home keeper'

If anyone can recoomend any sources of potential information - i would really be grateful!

Thanks very much everyone~!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back