• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Have You Seen Any of These Birds? (1 Viewer)

Hi,

Red-billed Ground-cuckoo --> seen by Diego Calderon (Colombiabirding)
Sillem's Mountain-finch --> seen by Yann Muzika (Yann_in_Tokyo)

temmie said:
Red-billed Ground-cuckoo --> seen by Diego Calderon (Colombiabirding)
Sillem's Mountain-finch --> seen by Yann Muzika (Yann_in_Tokyo)

Colombia Birding said:
read the whole story here: https://www.facebook.com/COLOMBIA.Bi...52286257143517 (NO NEED of a Facebook account to read it!)....

With the acknowledgement/confirmation of "COLOMBIA Birding", I will be moving the Red-billed Ground-Cuckoo from the "Not seen" List to the "Seen" List.

*Yann_in_Tokyo has not posted on this thread verifying that he has seen Sillem's Mountain-Finch.

Although this is an old thread, I wanted to update that one on the birds on the not-seen list has now been seen.

Last week I saw Rondonia Bushbird on the Birdquest tour of Southwest Amazonia.

One bird that's not on the original list that I'm wondering about is Red-winged Wood-Rail. Definitely one that very few birders have laid eyes on.

How many people connect with Everett's Thrush in Borneo these days?

I saw one that was being seen regularly for at while Mt Kinabalu in 2000.

How many of you have done Cambodian Laughingthrush?

I wondered what the rules were here, just found them so sorry for the breach!

A

Last edited:
I know someone that's seen it, getting permits is the problem.

A

I've seen Jerdon's Courser, and know at least 4 other birders who have too. It may not just be permits that are the problem - I don't think it has been seen for several years now, and there must be some question over its continhed existance.

Nice! I hope to see it next month...!

Are you going with Bruno Renno? If so, he was the local guide who took us. He knows where to find it.

And be warned, the "trail" we took is 3 km of climbing over logs with some sloshing through ankle deep mud. Not for the faint of heart.

Good luck!

JH

I've seen the Cambodian Laughingthrush, near the first campsite rather than the hut higher up. I know a few others that have as well
Tony

I've seen the Cambodian Laughingthrush, near the first campsite rather than the hut higher up. I know a few others that have as well
Tony

I did it years ago Tony (c2006?), I was just curious how many others have. I posted before I understood the rules of the thread.

A

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back