• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Audio only. West Derby, Liverpool, UK June 24th (1 Viewer)

Me again!

I hear this bird call/song every morning between 5am-7am - I don't tend to hear it later on, but that could just mean that everyday sounds block it out (I don't really know).

It seems to do the same calling sound and repeats it 3 to 4 times sounding like it's echoing - if that makes sense.

There are 2 audio recordings here made by me hanging my mobile out of the bedroom window early on this morning so the audio's not great and the wind was blowing too.

I did my best to edit out the other birds and traffic - and wind noise ;-)

Again, any help appreciated because its song has fascinated me - better not be a run-of-the-mill bird after all this ha ha

thanks.

Attachments

• Audio recording 2017-06-24 06-23-50.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • Audio recording 2017-06-24 06-27-38.mp3
    469.4 KB · Views: 13
Hi Richie. Song Thrushes have highly variable songs, but their signature feature is repetition of each phrase 2-3 times, sometimes more. To me they sometimes sound melodic, but usually a bit manic and electro-1980's, if that makes sense. I'm not sure if they can sometimes be confused with Nightingale (which we don't have here). I think Nightingale might also do 'repeats', but you can always check on xeno-canto, or the recordings on the RSPB website.

Hi Richie. Song Thrushes have highly variable songs, but their signature feature is repetition of each phrase 2-3 times, sometimes more. To me they sometimes sound melodic, but usually a bit manic and electro-1980's, if that makes sense. I'm not sure if they can sometimes be confused with Nightingale (which we don't have here). I think Nightingale might also do 'repeats', but you can always check on xeno-canto, or the recordings on the RSPB website.

All good info there Sancho - and I like the 80's electro connection too ha ha :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back