• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cardinals in love- QuickTime Video. (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
I got some real pretty low-light tape of my cardinal buddies as they dined on seeds tonight before retiring for the evening. In the last few seconds, a male cardinal is exhibiting some unusual behavior. He tilts from one side to the other a few times and kind of shows under his wing a little. It's strange- you'll just have to see it. The cardinal group has been actively engaged in courting- at one time I counted 6 of them on the feeder at once. I had to play the video back in slow motion to be sure. I could make a "special edition" of that segment if any one is interested. I had to shoot it at full wide angle so all the birds are small but you can see them moving around and jockeying for position.

Tonights edition of bird cam...

iMovie

The wren looks so chubby and round!! How cute... wish I could see one. Love the clip of the female cardinal on the branch. It's so cool to see the same ones on various videos... like the female with the pink wing feather.

And how cool is that! THat last male cardinal looks like he's starting a new dance craze!

Such beautiful lighting at the end. I don't think I could EVER get tired of watching the cardinals.

Thanks Alan!! :)

Very cool stuff at the end of the clip, Alan. I've never seen any cardinal courtship behaviors so that was fun. Nice Downy Woodpecker "barking" in the background. I love the way they and the Hairys sound like rubber ducky toys being squeezed.

I still have yet to see the 7.7MB clip from a couple of days ago. I was waiting for it to download late at night after we'd moved stuff back into the part of the house that's been remodeled, and I fell asleep sitting at the computer! I'll have to give it another go when I'm fully conscious! LOL!

Yup- there's barking in the background. Working class neighborhood, metro area inside the perimeter highway around Atlanta- these are urban birds here and this is an urban forest. Time warp kind of. Left over from the days before all this progress and improvement. Next week all this could be gone- well, eventually- maybe not tomorrow.
I am really amazed at how many birds I see at my feeder every day and they are hungry!! I just have to show people. Only birders give a hoot though. Everybody else looks at me like I'm crrazy. "Oh man, there's that bird guy- don't get him started."

alarson2 said:
I just have to show people. Only birders give a hoot though. Everybody else looks at me like I'm crrazy. "Oh man, there's that bird guy- don't get him started."

Somehow, Alan, I think we can all relate!! :eek!:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back