• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blackbirds hatched - Information Please (1 Viewer)

duckula67

HI,
I hope someone can please give me some information about the Blackbirds in my garden. They have been there about 3-4 weeks and have hatched 3 lovely chicks which are probably 3 inches long. I am terrified of causing them to abandon the nest and the chicks:

My questions are:

1: Can I keep looking and photographing them fairly close or will this scare off the parents? (I was thinking once a day for 2 mins to document their growth)

2: I need to do some work in the garden area where the nest is (putting up trellis and generally being noisy) Should I keep it to a minimum i.e. short stints or is it ok to work for 2-3 hours and the birds will return to feed when I have gone.

3:The nest is also near a seating area is it ok to sit out near the nest in this way for a couple of hours during the day?

4: How much noise can I safely make without scaring them off? How resilient to general noise are they?

5: Out of interest, how often and how much are they fed? Is it like all day non-stop worms and grubs or what?

Thankyou in advance

Phil

By the way I live in the UK if that makes a difference?!?!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back