• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kites (1 Viewer)

helenol

I'm sitting here in my new home, whilst typing this I'm watching 4 red kites "playing around" and making a load of noise above the garden. I could get used to this...

That must be a lovely sight Helen. I remember when I first saw Buzzards circling over our house.Maybe the Kites are next. I certainly hope you are right Andy.

Boasting again. I am lucky if I see 1 a year in Kent - but at least I have broadband
Robin, I'll swap you a kite for broadband! Plenty of 'em to go around. ;)

Pete - the flycatcher is a regular visitor in the garden, great spot was next door, treecreeper on the drive and buzzards (seem to be 2 regular visitors) were above the garden - does that count?

Saw a Red Kite being mobbed by Carrion Crows on the M1 near Luton yesterday. The only time I've seen Red Kites in Britain is whilst I'm doing 80 mph on the M1 or M40!

E

Helen Glad to hear you made it to heaven without the cost of death.Do I assume the kites today help ease all the months of turmoil?
Sam

helenol said:
I'm sitting here in my new home, whilst typing this I'm watching 4 red kites "playing around" and making a load of noise above the garden. I could get used to this...

Pah! When am I going to get them around the Bristol area? Still waiting and watching in vain. :C

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back