• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flava wag' racial ID thoughts please (1 Viewer)

Michael Frankis said:
The IoM has the closest Choughs to home for me, but loses out as North Wales is a lot easier (& cheaper) to get to . . .
What about 60-100 Hen Harriers coming in to the same roost and views down to 10 yards?

CHEW ON THAT,ANGLESEY ;)

Harry Hussey said:
Hi all,
Lest we forget,this thread is/was about Yellow Wagtails!
Harry
Thanks harry - I was beginning to worry that these buggers might actually turn up!

should be a riotous weekend, quite a scary prospect drinking with you reprobates......mind you, we might even find a decent bird between us (no jokes please....) Mourning Doves ahoy!

anyone know if Syke's Wag taxa has made it onto british subsp. list?

Last night I read in Pips and Wags that in SW France there is a hybrid zone of flava x iberiae and in SE France flava x cinereocapilla.

So take your pick...

tom mckinney said:
Last night I read in Pips and Wags that in SW France there is a hybrid zone of flava x iberiae and in SE France flava x cinereocapilla.

So take your pick...

What about flava x thunbergi, is there a hybrid zone there?

Rob

Yes, it said south Scandinavia. So another one to add to the list of possibles...

...although maybe you would expect this bird to have a darker head if thunbergi was somewhere in there?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back