• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Information on Florida in August (1 Viewer)

arodris

Hi,

I am planning a trip (not exclusevely a birding trip) to Florida for August 2010. I would like to know information on weather, birding possibilities, housing, places to visit (I will go for sure to Everglades, may be Biscayne NP, Merryt Island,...), ...

Is it recommended to go to visit the Florida Keys?

What do you think about the weather? Is it too rainy? And temperature?

Thank you very much in advance.

I haven't visited FL in August. But I expect that it would be VERY humid and hot, with thunderstorms (even a hurricane). Birding would probably only be advisable early morning and late afternoon/evening, and breeding season activity/song would be over. I suggest that a winter or spring visit would be much more productive and enjoyable...

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back