• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I think I'm going daft! (1 Viewer)

CJW

Hit-and-run WUM
Just sat here in work waiting for my mid.day finish and decided to have a mooch round my own website. I came across THIS picture taken by Peteh, which I don't remember at all. I certainly didn't see the bird. Is it 'cos I'm bored or...

I know what you mean about the super' Jules, but I didn't think it looked too heavy. It was the prim. proj. that leapt out at me - giving a 'stretched' appearance.
I know it's circumstantial, but it was a lone bird taken at a Manx locality not known for attracting EGPs (a school playing field).
Something about the tertails says EGP rather than AGP though.

Actually I think its tertials look more AGP than anything else... black and white and coarsely notched

Worried about the white sides to the breast though and the lack of legginess.

Hi Chris,
I think that the bird is a moulting adult Eurasian Golden Plover. I would expect a longer primary projection, longer legs and at least some black feathers scattered on the flanks were it an American, and it looks to have too long of a primary projection and short legs for a Pacific.
Harry

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back