• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pipit spp, Worlds End , Wales ,UK , in May (1 Viewer)

Chris bandies jibes at people on this forum who are being deliberately contrary to suggested reason. There are quite a few very knowledgeable biologists/ornithologists/hobby birders on this forum, and I count Chris amongst them, but when people use obtuse reasoning, despite contrary advice of several well respected names on this forum, he is, against all reason, still trying to offer advice that you seem determined to ignore. Eventually, he vents his frustration, understandably so. Considering his input as a whole to this forum over the years, I think the Mods are going to let his mild term of indearment slip, don't you? If I am having a particularly thick moment and can't see what is blatantly obvious to everybody else reading the thread, then I deserved to be verbally cuffed round the lug, and his off the cuff rebuttals are often just what is needed for common sense and reasoning to gain the upper hand. Where it is due, I'm all in favour of said rebuke.

It's does not matter how long you on Birdforum or how long you coontribute, you must follow Birdforum rules many serve and contribute to society but if they brake the rules they go to jail.
Sound like Birdforum rules are bullshit........ I will tell people to F... off now as and when I wish

I have to say that Chris almost certainly got his diagnosis wrong. If I was being really unfair, I'd suggest that lack of medication would be a more likely root cause!

Last edited:
Is there really anything wrong with being called a drug user?

From the man who said on the Pylloscopus in Bermuda thread that reversve migration meant that Flycatchers, Warblers and the like insect eaters, migrated to Greenland, Iceland, Spitsbegen to spend the winter and argued the case.
Then at the end of the thread states this has made me look a wee bit silly.

Do you want to go back to where you looked stupid on that thread or do you just want to stay looking stupid on this one?

You really are a nasty piece of work.

Don't like to say it but "I told you so!" This became obvious very early in the thread. This guy only accepts good, sound advice from others of greater experience when it agrees with what he wants to hear. It's a shame that some of these recent ID discussions have degenerated into personal sniping and mild character assassination, but is there really any wonder here?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back