• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lost My Binoculars - What Now? (1 Viewer)

Well PH thats a good price thank you for pointing it out to me. I was leaning towards the canon IS 10x40 model but now I am having second thoughts, why? Because I have read that this model has poro prisms. I have also read, on a Canon site that these are easily put out of line with a slight knock. Once this happens, very slightly displaced double images are produced which cause dizziness and eye fatigue. So I now seem to be left with Zeiss, Leica or Swarovski, all of which have roof prisms. I Will let all of you know what I finally decide on but any further tips will be more than welcome.

John

Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski

think thats the direction I would be looking in at this kind of price.

Well I thought I had insurance cover but it seems I haven't! I payed extra for the following clause in my 'Building and Contents Cover,' "Items over £1500 in and away from the home." Now they are saying that it does not included personal possessions. Notwithstanding that they allowed me to specify my camera body in the buildings and contents section as being an item over £1500. To my mind that is a personal possession if ever there was one.

So if it does not include 'personal possessions', what does it include? I suggest you read the small print of the policy document carefully to se if they are talking the truth.

Well I've bin an gon an dunit! I have just purchased a pair of 10 x 42 Leica Ultravids at a cost of £1008 including postage, from ACE Cameras. Ive have looked through these in the past when I have met people whilst out walking and they have always impressed me. I decided it wasn't worth spending an extra £420 to get the latest version because I think the difference will be small. Thats what ACE told me anyway. Thanks for all your comments which were interesting and helpful to me.

John.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back