• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex vipers Superb value!!! (1 Viewer)

Greysands boy

I just recently test drove a few pairs of bins after saving hard for a while. Included in that group pentax 8x42 ed bins and other top names inc some second hand trinovids all around £500-£800, after which i only spent £250 on a pair of vortex vipers 8x42 which i found to be unbelievable for the money equally if not brighter then the all i tried and in my opinion pretty much as sharp.
In conclusion i did have the money for much more expensive bins but am over the moon with my vipers, the feel and build quality are superb and not to mention hands down the best warranty (No quibble totally transferrable lifetime of product no card to fill in)and all this for £259.
I had enough left over to buy a Panasonic dmc fz18 Camera yeah!!!!

Darryl

I agree Darryl. And, incidentally, I also have both the 8 x 42 Vortex Vipers and the Panasonic FZ18 camera. Maybe we were separated at birth or something. ;-)

Cheers,
Jim

Maybe jim you never know,

Just got the fz18 really looking forward to the weekend to get a really good chance to play.

have you got a teleconvertor if so what one?

Darryl

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back