• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manfrotto leg loose (1 Viewer)

DMKSlater

One leg on my manfrotto 055xv has lost the ability to grip securely. It is the upper joint where the spring lever is, when the lever is pushed over to secure the leg it can still be pushed up with very little effort. I have tightened the screw above the lever as far as it will go but this has had no affect. There does not seem to be a way to tighten the offending lever. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved!

Thanking you in advance

Dave Slater

Hi Dave,

You are tightening the wrong thing. You need to tighten the nut on the end of the screw that the flip lever is attached to. In order to do this you must remove a small plastic cap that covers the nut. It just pulls off, I usually use a small knife to pop it loose. Then you want to release the lever to eliminate the tension on the screw. There was a little plastic tool that came with your tripod, it is u-shaped to clip on to a tripod leg with a small socket in the middle. Us this to tighten the nut a small amount and recheck the grip.

If you can't figure this out I will post pictures when I have time.

Mike

Thanks Mike, that's it sorted! It was the black cover that threw me, just couldn't get it off! Many thanks for the quick reply.

Regards

dave

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back