• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Palemoon Browser Query (1 Viewer)

Keith Dickinson

Opus Editor
I use palemoon as my browser and am totally happy with it, however I do some of my work via the internet and need to have open several tabs related to this. I was wondering if there is any way to have the browser set up to either, open in birding mode with all my birding tabs etc or open in work mode with all my optics tabs?
If this is possible how easy is it to switch from one to the other?
Could you have both running at the same time?

Or would it be simpler to use something like Chrome for my work stuff and stick with palemoon for my normal browsing?

I have opera open at the moment with 17 different tabs, most related to something with birds. When I close the browser and reopen, they are all open again. For different reasons, I prefer having my work webmail open in IE which is also open now. I additionally have a few pages open in Firefox today, but that is not my no 1 choice. All of this on a WinXP machine

Hope this helps
Niels

Hi Keith,

You could use 2 versions of PaleMoon at the same time, the installed version plus the portable version - with a little tweak.

If you want to use Pale Moon portable to test
For example to test a different version of Pale Moon while you already have one installed (e.g. new version check, check for compatibilities of add-ons with a major release, etc.) and want to run multiple different versions at the same time, find the following lines in palemoon-portable.ini:

[Environment]
;(multiple istances)
;MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1

and remove the semicolon in front of MOZ_NO_REMOTE
To open a group of websites in the portable browser, open each site in a new tab then go to (Alt) > Tools > Options and, on the first tab (General), set the Home page to "Use Current Pages".

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back