• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The NEW Meopro HD line...still no thoughts? (1 Viewer)

raptorbfl

The NEW Meopro HD line is out...still no thoughts?

Hi,

Finally, the Meopta Meopro HD line of binoculars are now physically in the major retailers, like Cabelas, Bass, Eagle Optics, along with all the major on line retailers and I have still yet to read a single review or any initial impressions about them?

Mainly, I would LOVE to know how they directly compare to the Ziess Conquest HD, or also the Vortex Razor HD?

No one yet??

Thanks

Hi,

Finally, the Meopta Meopro HD line of binoculars are now physically in the major retailers, like Cabelas, Bass, Eagle Optics, along with all the major on line retailers and I have still yet to read a single review or any initial impressions about them?

Mainly, I would LOVE to know how they directly compare to the Ziess Conquest HD, or also the Vortex Razor HD?

No one yet??

Thanks

The Meopro line is a new one, so nobody has tried them yet.
They look to compare with a different price and quality point.

The Meostar would compare to the Conquest or the Razor.

Jerry

NDHunter,

The New Meopta Meopro HD 10 x 42 is retailing for $899 and the Conquest HD for $999. Seems like a apples to
apples comparison to me!

NDHunter,

The New Meopta Meopro HD 10 x 42 is retailing for $899 and the Conquest HD for $999. Seems like a apples to
apples comparison to me!

It looks like you need to compare them for yourself. ;)

My experience is with the Conquest HD, and I like them, beyond that
I have not really tried any of the Meoptas except in a store setting.

I do like the Zeiss because of the lighter slimmer build and the coatings
are very good.

You were looking for opinion, and there it is.

Jerry

There are 4 new Meopro HD binoculars listed on the Eagle Optics website. There are no specifications listed for the 8x32, 8x42 and 10x42 while the specs given for the 10x32 are not complete and I suspect that its stated FOV of 383' @1000 yards is incorrect and probably is for the 8x32 HD. Their prices start from $649.99 for the 8x32; $699.99 for the 10x32; $849.99 for the 8x42 and $899.99 for the 10x42. These are big jumps in prices from the old non HD models. An old model 8x42 is listed for $385.00.

They are completely redesigned however and feature "genuine flouride HD glass" along with a right eye diopter "located by the right eyepiece" instead of by the center focus wheel as it is on the old model.

http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/meopta

EO will have to bring the website up to date on these if they want to sell any of them.

Bob

Last edited:
Ceasar,

Im sure EO will be doing that soon. The FULL specifications are, of course, all listed on Meopta's website. However, I believe B&H Photo, Europitc, Adarama all have the full specs posted.
It is kind of strange why EO did not list the FULL specs when they added the binoculars. ALL the information is right on Meopta's site for them to use.

I just had an on line chat with Mike from Eagle Optics just before they closed today. He was nice enough and eager to do a comparison live for me. He got BOTH the new Meopro HD and the Conquest HD in his hands. He said the Meopro had virtually no CA, while the Conquest showed a small amount, Meopro has much nicer eye cups, better ergonomics and quality feel in his hands. He prefers the Meopro. He said he just liked the way the Meopro felt and the balance in his hands. He said the Meopro has a nicer rain guard and lens covers also.

Of course, this is just one man's opinion.

As far as comparing them myself, that will be VERY challenging since trying to find a somewhat close brick and mortar location that would acutally have these two models in stock to test is next to impossible! My only option is to purchasing them both from a on line retailer, test them together, than send back the one I dont like for refund. But im sure on line optics retailers would frown upon that.

Last edited:
Yes, Unfortunately, the Cabelas in Hamburg PA does not yet have them in stock or display to test out. Euro Optics out in Montoursviille PA does have them in stock, but they
are just too far away of a drive for me in NJ.

I was interested in the 8x32 when it was first announced, but was turned off by the price increase over the original Meopro. Nowadays, the 8x32 Meopro HD is typically around $650, and the 8x32 Meostar has dropped to around $750, which makes me wonder if I'd be better off spending the extra $100 for the Meostar. And to make things more confusing, the 8x32 Endeavor II has already gotten some really positive comments, making me wonder how close it comes to the Meoptas at a fraction of the price. Confusing times indeed!

I recently acquired the Meopro 8 x 32 HD model, and all I can say is for the price it's an absolute GEM.
While I've personally never looked through the 8 x 32 Meostar or the 8 x 32 Zeiss Conquest HD (binoculars that seem to be among its closest competitors) I've been able to compare it with the one other binocular I currently own (a Leica Ultravid 8 x 42) and honestly I much much prefer the Meopta's in every category except dawn/dusk viewing (which makes sense given the Ultravid's larger exit pupil). The Meopro's are lightweight, well balanced, and they have very good quality eyecups. The focus wheel is buttery smooth and I find to the depth of field to be good for an 8 x 32. The quality of the image is fantastic, a very large sweet spot with excellent color saturation and contrast. I can say they are a significant upgrade over the old Meopro line, I gave my old 6.5 x 32 Meopro to a young birder and while I did enjoy that binocular this one has a much larger AFOV and the fluorite in the glass definitely boosts the image quality to another level. They are assembled in the USA. If anyone is considering a high quality 8 x 32 without dropping 2K+ I think they'd be remiss to not give this one a try.

Thanks for the review of the Meopro. Sounds great. Looks like eye relief is 17mm which is good as most 8x32 have kind of short eye relief. I do get a lot of blackouts with the Meostar 8x32 with both old nonHD and the new HD. They both have 15mm eye relief.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review of the Meopro. Sounds great. Looks like eye relief is 17mm which is good as most 8x32 have kind of short eye relief. I do get a lot of blackouts with the Meostar 8x32 with both old nonHD and the new HD. They both have 15mm eye relief.
On my way to Florida this past week, we made a stop at the new cabelas in Acworth GA. They had the new Meopro 8x32 HD on display. It is a real nice binocular. Very compact. Real nice eye lens oculars giving a FOV wider feel than spec's listed. More than enough eye relief for me with glasses & had a Alpha optical view. I thought the build quality was first class, no china feel there. I compared the Nikon 7 8x30 to the Meopro & there is no comparison. The Meopro really blew the the Nikon out of the water. I would definitely buy this & I might on my way back up north ... gwen

.......... They had the new Meopro 8x32 HD on display. It is a real nice binocular. ................. I compared the Nikon 7 8x30 to the Meopro & there is no comparison. The Meopro really blew the the Nikon out of the water. ............. ... gwen

I have yet to see the new Meopro 8X32 HD but do have a Monarch 7 8X30. It does have some quirks, but I think it is quite good even considering the small size and relatively low non sale price of $380.

Your statement that the Meopro "blew the Nikon out of the water" caught my interest. I am wondering what aspects are significantly superior. Could you please provide a little more detail. The Meopro lists on Cabelas for $280 more ($650) and is somewhat larger so that should give it some advantages. I just was not expecting it to be that superior.

The big appeal of the Monarch 7 8X30 to me is the small size and especially the light weight of about 15 oz (compared to about 21 oz for the Meopro). I doubt if the Meopro would have been in the mix when I bought the Nikon because I was looking for light weight and already have an 8X32 Nikon EDG at about 23 oz. However, it would be interesting to see how it compares to the more expensive Zeiss Conquest HD 8X32 at $900 and about 22 oz. I have seen that a few times and thought it to be a winner. Can the Meopro match or beat it for less money?

I have yet to see the new Meopro 8X32 HD but do have a Monarch 7 8X30. It does have some quirks, but I think it is quite good even considering the small size and relatively low non sale price of $380.

Your statement that the Meopro "blew the Nikon out of the water" caught my interest. I am wondering what aspects are significantly superior. Could you please provide a little more detail. The Meopro lists on Cabelas for $280 more ($650) and is somewhat larger so that should give it some advantages. I just was not expecting it to be that superior.

The big appeal of the Monarch 7 8X30 to me is the small size and especially the light weight of about 15 oz (compared to about 21 oz for the Meopro). I doubt if the Meopro would have been in the mix when I bought the Nikon because I was looking for light weight and already have an 8X32 Nikon EDG at about 23 oz. However, it would be interesting to see how it compares to the more expensive Zeiss Conquest HD 8X32 at $900 and about 22 oz. I have seen that a few times and thought it to be a winner. Can the Meopro match or beat it for less money?
Bruce .... I did not mean to beat up the Nikon 8x30. Thinking now maybe I should have said .... I think the Meopro was a much nicer binocular & the Nikon for its price range & spec's was a good binocular. Having said this, this is why ..... I found the Eye Lens on the Meopro more to my liking(larger) more comfortable to use. To my eyes a very flat field, crystal clear, very comfortable eye relief giving me no black outs with my glasses. It just felt better in my hands, very compact & I did not really notice the difference in the weight. Eye cups & focusing very nice. Build quality was noticeably better also. To sum it up ... I felt the Meopro was noticeably much better in every category I just mentioned. As I would expect given its price is almost twice as much, $799 at cabelas when I was there..... gwen

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back